Today we continue our discussion about Fear.
Too often fear is a topic we hesitate to discuss.
- Maybe we think if we do not talk about fear, the fear will go away.
- Maybe we are too proud to admit our fears.
- Maybe we are afraid of what the answers to our problems might be.
In some crazy way, we may want to live in the emotions of fear to gain sympathy or care.
The fact is we all experience fear.
But fear is variable.
One person’s fears may seem so trite to another observer. Why is that? Maybe it’s because circumstances, backgrounds and memories differ. One person’s emotions can run on at a totally different level than a second person’s emotion. To the one experiencing fear, it can be a real battle.
Fear has the potential to paralyze us once given the opportunity to penetrate our brain and soul. We may begin to see every event and activity thru the lens of a particular fear. It can rob us of our joy and ability to truly live life to its fullest.
There are healthy fears:
- Walking down a dark alley
- Being in a new unfamiliar setting
- Walking in a dangerous location with little margin for error
- Watching a close football game J.
Many times these types of fears subside over time.
But some fears linger and are not healthy. They become our “Mind Monsters”.
How do you handle to following?
- Fear of rejection?
- Fear of the unknown?
- Leaving a comfortable place for a new home or location?
- The fear of being discovered for who you really are?
Why not interact with me about your fears and how you handle them? Becoming vulnerable may just help someone conquer what they are going through.
As I leave you to ponder your fears, let me also leave you with some hope.
- Isaiah 41:13 “For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.”
- Hebrews 13:6 “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can Man do to me”?
- Psalm 56:3-4 “When I am afraid, I will trust in you. IN God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me”?
- 1 Peter 3: 13-14 “Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened.”